How to Apply
Let’s Build BlueCross Healthy Places Together
Before requesting funding for a BlueCross Healthy Place project in your area, learn what we’re looking for in a proposal.
Applying organizations must:
- Be the legal titleholder of the property with full approval to execute the project and ensure site readiness
- Seek community input on project priorities before proposal submission
- Provide metes and bounds documentation and most recent land survey upon submission
Those guidelines help show the types of projects we’ll prioritize, but it’s also important to know what we’re unable to provide funds for. Here are some examples:
- Purchasing land
- Private clubs or property
- Religious programming
- Individual schools
- Staffing pay
- Co-branded projects
Applicants who are not chosen as finalists will receive declination notices no later than the end of the application year.
Finalists will receive proposal results no later than Feb. 1.
For more information about applying for a BlueCross Healthy Place grant, email BlueCrossHealthyPlaces@BCBST.com.
While working on your application, please keep in mind that your proposed project must:
- Be free and open to the public
- Demonstrate a community benefit and include community input
- Include a project implementation timeline
- Agree to exclusive BlueCross Healthy Place branding and naming rights
What’s in a BlueCross Healthy Place?
The possibilities of a BlueCross Healthy Place are almost endless. Take a look inside and see what your community’s space could be.